[smila-dev] Usage of branches during development process / Larger changes or additions to SVN

Hi Team,

Igor and I discussed, how we could improve the preparation of API changes or the addition of larger components/concepts.

The general idea is to remove fear of changes that are made by different parties/teams. This will allow us all to talk better about these changes, because we have a running sample.

The main idea is also eclipse compatible. One main idea of eclipse processes is “no surprises”.

Please use in future branches to add larger functionalities.

This does not mean that changes to trunk are prohibited (bug fixes, small extensions, smaller changes). For larger changes or test concepts the trunk should be avoided on first choice if not defined in another way by the project team.

FYI: Currently the whole development is not yet done within eclipse repositories. This rule will apply to the current development SVN and to the eclipse one when we have switched.

Kind Regards,

Georg

Back to the top