[smila-dev] RE: SMILA check-in at Eclipse

Hi,

FYI:

I asked Barb Cochrane the same questions and

she answered me as follows:

Hi Sebastian,

Before creating such dependencies on optional third party software, your PMC will have to consult the Guidelines for Third Party Dependencies for each piece of third party software that SMILA is proposing to be downloaded from another site.

Then, for each piece of third party software that PMC approves the use of under those guidelines, SMILA will have to enter a CQ and clearly identify whether the third party software in question is a “workswith” or an “exempt pre-req”.   If PMC votes +1, then

a)     those that PMC has identified as “workswith” are approved as optional components under the guidelines; and

b)    those that PMC has identified as “exempt pre-req” require EMO approval as well, and only after EMO are these components approved as optional components under the guidelines.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Barb