RE: [smila-dev] RE: Exception as control flow... nono

Which advantage does the invalidate call has? I have used an existing implementation of a pipeline test case.

Is this point wrong? I mean it could be that Dimitrys code was perfect... and the API usage wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Juergen.Schumacher@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2008 10:02
To: smila-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [smila-dev] RE: Exception as control flow... nono

Hi,

> The other point is... why does this problem happen in my unit tests?
>
> Is this normal behaviour or do I use the API wrong?

It's normal behaviour. You do (in TestConverterPipeline):

    final Id id = IdFactory.DEFAULT_INSTANCE.createId(source, key);
    _blackboard.invalidate(id);
    _blackboard.create(id);

But in the invalidate() call your record does not yet exist, which leads in blackboard to the exception which is immediately catched and logged, and the invalidate() returns normally. It should disappear now that Dmitry has removed the exception.

Cheers,
Juergen.