To: <smila-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 2:11 PM
Subject: AW: [smila-dev] OutOfMemoryException during Crawl

> 1) why does BinStore use so much memory and does not free anything ?
This JIIra could be the cause huge memory allocation of BinStore:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-221

I just applied this fix and tested it. At first, the behavior was
different, as memory was allocated and freed (sawtooth pattern) (see
attached image, the red line is the memory allocation without the fix).
So the fix seemed to work. However, over time XmX was reached again and
never freed. At 11:48 the OutOfMemoryError finally occurred. So there
must be some more problems somewhere in BinStore or its 3rd party
dependencies.

Bye,
Daniel