Re: [smila-dev] epl source header vs. generated code

Hi folks.

We using XJC generation tool for generating JAXB classes from XSD schemes.
For each class XJC generates headers, like the next one.

// This file was generated by the JavaTM Architecture for XML Binding(JAXB) Reference Implementation, vhudson-jaxb-ri-2.1-520 // See <a href="http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb";>http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb</a> // Any modifications to this file will be lost upon recompilation of the source schema.
// Generated on: 2008.05.19 at 09:37:58 AM GMT

but, it's not a EPL license type header and XJC does not support custom file headers (its only allowed to turn header off).

We may to add some tasks to build procedure for compiling schemes to classes by XJC on the fly. But I beware that it may be not convenient for developers because this classes required in dev stage.

Situation:
Developer creates bundle with generated classes located in "code/gen" folder
Solutions:
1. Developer excludes manually "code/gen" folder from SVN commit and it will be added task for make.xml to generate classes "on the fly" for budles 2. It's possible to fix XJC compiler for supporting custom/configurable file header

What is better by your opinion?

--
Regards, Ivan

Thomas Menzel wrote:
>do I have generated to code?
>a.       yes:
>does the generator support custom file headers to put it the EPL?
>      i.      yes:
>do so and keep the generated source in SVN
>  ii.      no:
> add specific bundle build step to generate ur code

Back to the top