[smila-dev] Why we need to communicate our CQs better to the Community

Hi All

I have had today a discussion with Jochen Krause. There he addressed the topic Berkeley DB CQ request.

The point was… its extreme complex. We are a server project and therefore need server libraries and we all know we take such topics seriously. When moving it to IP process and when not.

In the later discussion the main point comes out.

We have a lack in communicating these needs.

Thanks to Jochen and Jeff for support and feedback.

The Berkeley DB is a really interesting sample. We have performance requirements due to the amount of information that is usually processed by such an architecture. We have to gather fast a lot of information e.g. if such an project is used in a SOA use case. And we did not communicated that it took about two month to choose a XML database that match our needs.

The suggestion was to create a mapping between the architecture overview and some vital or larger CQs to create a better picture. That way essential components get visible and we are showing why we need support.

The core is: we are spending money from the community. And the community should know why it’s vital. That way the process is getting easier for us.

@Tom: could you please ask Sonja to add additional information about such topics to the architecture overview or an additional picture. We should also move our CQ table to the Eclipse wiki.

When we have added this information we should send a notice to rt-pmc (at) eclipse.org

Regards,

Georg

Back to the top