[smila-dev] epl source header vs. generated code

hi again,

sonya, who is working on the legal stuff wiki, asked me today if we should also head EPL headers to generated code.

hm, good question!

currently we check in the generated code having avoided this step to include into our build – which was a good thing b/c it safes time.

since we would now need to add the EPL headers to the code I wonder if we should change that or leave it as is.

checking in would mean that either the generation tool lets us add the header by way of configuration or we would have to do this manually.

if the latter, I’d say we should generate the code during build as I don’t like having to edit a generated file by hand and then use it.

so far I know that we have code generated with JAXB but I don’t know (anymore) if it will let us add the header or not.

do we generate any other code?

in case the code needs to generated during build, then this would need to go IMO into a bundle’s specific build file.

(how this is done will be answered by ralf if there is the need on this mail thread and hopefully too in wiki/dev. guide).

so these are the questions that u need to answer (for the code u have been assigned)

a)      do I have generated to code?

a.       yes:
does the generator support custom file headers to put it the EPL?

                                                               i.      yes:
do so and keep the generated source in SVN

                                                             ii.      no:
add specific bundle build step to generate ur code

Kind regards

Thomas Menzel

brox IT-Solutions GmbH

Back to the top