AW: [smila-dev] DeltaIndexing and Connectivity Discussion

Hi all,

some comments inline.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Specifications/DeltaIndexingAndConnectivt
> yDiscussion09
>
> Regarding the Interface:
> Separation would be good, but does it mean that the DeltaIndexing can
> be run in an own process and the CrawlerController should
> communicate remote to it?

As the answer here is not simply yes or no I added some thoughts to the
wiki page.

> DeltaIndexing On/Off:
> We have dicussed previously that we need this feature. At the moment I
> don't understand the use case for
> the options Additive and initial. For the use case "Initial" we can
use
> two IndexOrderConfigurations if we need this special feature.
> (Thus means this option has special use case, therefore I have no
> problem with it when it will be implemented).

I guess the uses cases "Initial import" and "additive import" are valid.
The idea here is to optimize performance as much as possible by
foregoing some unnecessary method calls. For example a call of
obsoleteIdIterator(String dataSourceID) may be time consuming but return
an empty iterator (in case of an "initial import"). So if this use case
is know the call can be skipped.

Bye,
Daniel

Back to the top