[smila-dev] SMILA/Specifications/CrawlerAPIDiscussion09

Hi peoples

I have read this interesting discussion about the crawler api (http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Specifications/CrawlerAPIDiscussion09).

In my opinion it´s currently not easy to understand the crawler api, but I believe this should be a target if you want users and developers for this project who like it. I looked to this filesystem-crawler sample in your current smila trunk and need much time to understand this.

So what about keeping the crawlerapi simple like discussed on this site?

I think a nice way is to reduce the MObject and record creation to make it easier, maybe delivering  all information together to crawlercontroller with an ArrayList. OK, probably I know you need to have a communication between Crawlercontroller and crawler to make generation indexing possible. So what about the second alternative, which was that getNextDeltaIndexing returns record. In that case the crawlercontroller received the information for id and hash. Then, if information are changed, the getRecord-method delivers the other attributes also as record and crawlercontroller could merge this. I think that would be easier to understand, but the other alternatives discussed on this site are also worth to discuss or decide about.

Greetings

Allan

Allan Kaufmann

brox IT-Solutions GmbH
An der Breiten Wiese 9
30625 HANNOVER (Germany)
Tel:          +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 67
eFax:       +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 98 78
Fax:         +49 (5 11) 33 65 28 – 29
Mail:
akaufmann@xxxxxxx
Web:
www.brox.de

According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act brox IT-Solutions GmbH must indicate the following information.
Address: An der Breiten Wiese 9, 30625 Hannover Germany
General Manager: Hans-Chr. Brockmann
Registered Office: Hannover, Commercial Register Hannover HRB 59240
========== Legal Disclaimer ==========

Back to the top