[skalli-dev] Assessing Skalli for the requirements of the codecentric AG

Hi everybody,

my name is Ben Ripkens and I'm currently looking into the Skalli project as part of my bachelor thesis (actually preliminary research). I'll be writing my bachelor thesis with support of the codecentric AG which is interested in tool support for automatic setup and configuration of software development environments.

I have been in contact with Jochen Hiller from Deutsche Telekom AG who pointed me towards the Skalli project. So far it seems that Skalli supports some of the necessary functionality for the codecentric AG. I was hoping you could help me answer some of my questions regarding the Skalli project so that I can assess whether it would be a proper choice for the codecentric AG.

Jochen Hiller presented Git, Gerrit and Jenkins support during his talk on the "Technology meets Talent" day 2011 in Darmstadt (DE). What I didn't see though was in how far Skalli is able to control and configure these applications. For instance, when you create a new project in Skalli, does it also create a new Git repository and configure user access rights?

Does Skalli support JIRA and/or Confluence in any way? It would be nice if it could create a new project in JIRA and configure the users which require access to it.

I would greatly appreciate any help in assessing the Skalli project for the codecentric AG .

Cheers

Ben

[1] http://www.codecentric.de/

Back to the top