[skalli-dev] deleting Projects - how to handle Conflicts

Hello,
as a admin you are allowed to delete a Project.

I now have found out that we do not check any preconditions.
Eg imaging you have the following setting:

ProjectA -> this is the one you want to delte
ProjectB - > has a projectRelation to ProjectA

If you now delete project A, ProjectB will get “invalid”.
With the latest version you will get an Exception when opening ProjectB (as it still has the relation to projectA, which no longer exist!) and it will not be displayed. What really is not nice.

What’s your suggestion to solve this problem?

I see different possibilities:
  1. Only allow deleting Project when no other Project has a relation to it (how can we implement that in a generic way?)
  2. No Extension should not fail if a deleted Project is still referenced. Just ignore those references and persist this change in the next comming save action.
  3. Any better suggestion?

Regards Britta

Back to the top