Re: [skalli-dev] EOL - Dissusion - Reformatting commit requested

I have corrected the link to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Skalli/Contributor_Guide#EOL_properties

Some more details:

If you want to find out about the mode you can use the git bash command:  find ./org.* -type f | xargs dos2unix -t -v 2

I have played around with  different eclipse editors under windows and our current mixed code (New Line file line delimiter = Windows):

·         Target files:

o   LDI target: changes all EOL of a file to \r\n when deleting or inserting a new update-site

o   Text editor: leaves EOL as they are are

·         launch files:

o   Eclipse launch edior: converts all EOL to \r\n

·         java files

o   java editor:

o   does not change the EOF when eg. auto formatting the code (mixed mode stay mixed mode)

o   new insert lines via keybord-Return the in most cases \r\n EOL from the previous line

o   when copying lines it depends ...for source and destination EOL

·         pom.xml

o   pom editor: dont change the EOL

·         xml editor:

o   dont change the EOL when saving

o   new lines became the same as the surrounding once.

·         text editor:

o   dont changes the EOL by saving

o   new lines became the same as the surrounding once.

o   copying of lines depend on the surroundings/what’s copied

·         MANIFEST.MF

o   with manifest editor:

o   does not change the EOL when saving

The creation of new files with “New Line file line delimiter” = Unix does not work for all use cases.

Eg. a creation of a new Plugin-project dose not create all files with only a LF. Eg the Activator.java the .project and the .build had still windows LineEndings.

Creating a new class works correct. So you have to be very careful, when using the  option core.autocrlf=false.

Regards Britta