[sisu-dev] Custom Annos

Hey Stuart,

I'm working on making a compatibility layer for existing bundles we have that are using custom annotations for DI. For instance, we have @JiraComponent and @ConfluenceComponent which essentially tell the system to add them to the injector only if we're running in that specific product. This is to facilitate having a single bundle that can run in multiple products.

I'm wondering how I can add these custom annotations to the sisu indexer and then customize the injector to do the product check.

Once I get that going, we also have 2 other annotations that I'll need to deal with: @ExportAsService and @ExportAsDevService In our own non-sisu/spring code, we used these to write out sisu-like index files to be used to determine what should be exported as an OSGi service at runtime. The second one only exports the annotated component if the product is running in dev mode. Again, I need to know how this translates to the sisu world, and if it doesn't I assume I'll just need to use a custom extender + peaberry to do my bidding?

Thanks,

- Jonathan

Back to the top