Re: [sisu-dev] Hi

On 19 Sep 2014, at 02:30, Heitor Machado <heitor.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, thanks for the welcome !

Nice to hear about 0.3.0 i was not knowing and I was about to ask about java 8 support.

Maven is already using sisu ? I mean, i suppose that this is the main goal, but as far as i know it still uses plexus.

Yes, Maven 3.x uses Sisu under the covers - one of the Sisu sub-projects is a replacement Plexus facade that works on top of the core Sisu library (which in turn builds on top of Guice)

This means that legacy code such as plugins still work while the Maven team migrates the core over to JSR330, since everything is normalised to Guice bindings under the covers:

For the first step i think the is interesting make some improvements in documentation and in the site, like tutorials and release updates, so i can get familiar with the code and save you the time of explain me the internals.

So if you may point how we proceed to accomplish that, and if you guys have any plans for this area, i think it would be great.

We have three main sources of documentation:

anyone can contribute, you just need an eclipse.org account: https://dev.eclipse.org/site_login/createaccount.php
all articles should be created under the Sisu space and tagged with http://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:Sisu

uses a simple bootstrap design

Hope that helps!