Re: [sisu-dev] @Qualifier not being indexed

On 11 Jan 2013, at 23:16, Jonathan Doklovic wrote:

> Let me ask this a different way....
>
> Is there a way in sisu to easily get a collection of classes (not objects) that implement a given interface and/or have a specific annotation?
>
> For example, I have classes that implement ConfigurationEntry. I need to find all of those classes (across bundles) and pass their class objects to a gson type adapter. These classes should NOT be instantiated/wired by guice.

If you want details of all implementations of ConfigurationEntry without instantiating them then you can use:

   @Inject Iterable<BeanEntry<Named, ConfigurationEntry>> entries;

If you want details of all implementations of ConfigurationEntry that have a specific Qualifier then you can use:

   @Inject Iterable<BeanEntry<MyQualifier, ConfigurationEntry>> entries;

If you want details of all implementations that have a specific Qualifier then you can use:

   @Inject Iterable<BeanEntry<MyQualifier, Object>> entries;

The BeanEntry API lets you query various details such as the implementation class without needing to eagerly instantiate the component:

   http://git.eclipse.org/c/sisu/org.eclipse.sisu.inject.git/plain/org.eclipse.sisu.inject/src/org/eclipse/sisu/BeanEntry.java

all the various dynamic Lists/Maps/etc. provided by Sisu are actually driven by BeanEntry under the covers - the only difference is the view onto the BeanEntry sequence.

HTH