[sirius-dev] Sirius Desktop has moved to GitHub

Hi,

Sirius Desktop has recently moved to GitHub.

The new location for the source code is at https://github.com/eclipse-sirius/sirius-desktop, along with the other Eclipse Sirius repos (Sirius Web, and the sources for the website).

If you have existing clones, make sure to update their URL (or create a fresh one). Something like:

git remote set-url origin git@xxxxxxxxxx:eclipse-sirius/sirius-desktop.git

The old Gerrit-based repository at ssh://<login>@git.eclipse.org:29418/sirius/org.eclipse.sirius is still available for the time being, but is now read-only. If you still track it you will not get new updates, and it will disappear at some point in the future.

If you want to contribute patches, you can now use the standard GitHub PR mechanism. It should now be much easier (or at least more familiar to a lot of people). Note that you still need to have an Eclipse account and sign the Eclipse Contributor Agreement (ECA) for any contribution to be considered.

Also part of this move to GitHub, we will now use GitHub Issues instead of the Eclipse Bugzilla to track bugs and feature requests.
We may still reference existing bugzilla tickets during the transition period, but any new issue should be opened directly on GitHub.

We do not plan to migrate the existing bugzilla issues in bulk into GitHub Issues. There are currently 933 such (open) issues, mostly historical stuff. They are still available to be searched and referenced. Some may be converted to GitHub Issues if it's relevant, notably if they are relatively recent and opened by users (and not by the development team), but doing a global conversion would only create a lot of noise.

The Gerrit and Bugzilla instance should normally still be available for a while, but will be completely shutdown in the future. See the Eclipse Foundation's plan for this at https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Gerrit/Gerrit-and-Bugzilla-deprecation-and-migration-plan.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles David (Obeo)

Back to the top