[sequoyah-dev] Ramp down of tools.sequoyah and mobile package activities

Hello everyone,

It's with regret that I announce that I and the Sequoyah development
team will no longer be able to maintain the project. I want to start
an orderly shutdown of the project, but the process will be fairly
quick. We haven't been very active the last few months, although as
late as June we had moved to git and had planned to do some cleanup on
the components. That activity will not occur now.

I know there are components of Sequoyah that are of interest to
others, so I am sending this email to several mailing lists. Scott
Lewis has expressed interest in the past in the VNC component for ECF.
If that interest is still relevant, the transfer can begin with our
blessing.

The status of Mobile Tools for Java is uncertain to me. It is a
sub-project of Sequoyah, but the mailing list activity has been
minimal the last 18 months and emails to Gorkem have gone unanswered.
The MTJ code is in git and the most recent submission was in April, so
I believe the project is still viable, albeit with minimal adopters.
My suggestion is to promote MTJ to a sub-project of tools or let the
tools PMC make the call.

As for activities related to Packages, I plan to maintain the Eclipse
for Mobile Developers as a personal project through Juno SR2. It would
be good to have a candidate for the Kepler milestones as I will only
have enough time to test the Windows and Linux Juno packages. I do not
have a Mac nor will one be available for me through Eldorado after
SR1. I think it's been moderately popular with users, so having a
maintainer should be a priority for the Kepler simultaneous release.

If there are any questions or issues, feel free to raise them. Daniel
and I should be available through the end of September to work through
this process.

Thank you for your understanding and support through this process.

--
Eric Cloninger (ericc@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Product Line Manager, MOTODEV Tools

Back to the top