[sequoyah-dev] SVN to GIT migration plan

Hi all,

following the new tendencies in the Eclipse community, we are considering the migration of our code repo from SVN to GIT. This way, here is our plan for such migration. Feel free to make any comments.

Best,
 Marcel
SVN to GIT migration plan

- When?
After Indigo SR1 (September 24th), once we’ll have already finished GSoC works (August 31st) too.
The risk in migrating before that date is that we might need a last minute build and we could not provide it. Also, our GSoC student will have to change his development environment.

- What?
We would have to update

1 - build environment

2 - development environment

3 - related documentation (wiki, site)

- Why?
We should keep up with eclipse new standards.
Being up-to-date will ease future contributions (since it’s easier to get another project’s code in the same environment).

Back to the top