Re: [sequoyah-dev] Android Native Support: not all builders running (no .apk file)

On 12/13/2010 7:11 AM, Carlos Souto wrote:

>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Mike Edenfield <kutulu@xxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:kutulu@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> As far as I can tell, Eclipse is simply not running all of the builders
>> for the project when I try to build.  From my observations of what
>> outputs show up, it appears that:
>>
>> * CDT Builder runs -- builds the JNI component
>> * Android Resource Builder -- not sure.
>> * Android Pre-Compiler -- usually runs (R.java file is usually, not
>>   always, rebuilt)
>> * Java Builder runs (generates .class files in bin/)
>> * Android Package Builder -- not running (no .apk)
>>
>> I do not see any errors anywhere (not in the .log, not in the DDMS
>> console, not in the Android console, etc.) Is there any other place to
>> go to see what builders Eclipse is trying to run?

> Try something: change something in the Java code (just a dummy
> modification) and fire a build and assess whether the problem
> happens or not. Afterwards, don't modify a thing and use the
> export wizard and verify if the apk has the most recent version
> of your application.

This is actually where we first noticed the problem; I was making simple
Java changes (UI stuff, etc.) and they were not showing up after a
deployment.  We finally discovered that the .apk wasn't being rebuilt.
After I did a Project -> Clean (thus deleting the existing .apk) the
launch attempt failed.

Also, in case this helps, I also don't get the classes.dex nor
resources.ap_ files.  I have never seen a case where one of these files
was built without the other two.  I assume these are all generated by
the same builder, but if not, the problem may actually be with a
previous builder.

--Mike

Back to the top