Re: [sequoyah-dev] Improvements for the Device Management View

Is there a precedent for this type of UI implementation? I see an opportunity for confusion to the user because you now have disjoint sets of functionality represented on the button bar and in the drop-down context menus.

I know the buttons across the top are for acting on 1 or more checked instances, but what happens when you have more than one instance checked and choose the drop-down context menu on one of the individual instances? Does it do the selected operation on the one item or does it operate on all the selected items? Do you disable the drop-down menus when more than one item is checked in the list?

A suggestion from looking at this is to add "Select All" and "Select None" buttons to speed efforts for users who wish to do something to every instance. Or, make sure to support Ctrl-A and Shift-click/Ctrl-click.

-E