[sequoyah-dev] Agenda for next Sequoyah call: 14 June 2010

Hello everyone,

On the bi-weekly call today, we discussed how we're now in the final
stages of getting Sequoyah and Pulsar for Helios finished. Up to this
point, we have been very focused on getting the project infrastructure
in place, getting Sequoyah and Pulsar onto the Helios Simultaneous
Release, and by extension the MTJ project. All of these efforts were
completed with timely and useful contributions from Gorkem, David, and
Gustavo.

Now is the time to start looking to the future of the project. Paul
from Symbian has proposed a web tools project and we are looking at
build/debug support for Android native code. There are certainly other
areas that are of interest to the mobile development community.
Pulsar, obviously, is our flagship brand and we need to plan how we
all plan to work with the package.  Some areas will be useful to all
mobile developers and we should find ways to collaborate. Jon Dearden
made a great presentation at EclipseCon and we should look for areas
of common interest. There are also areas specific to particular
platforms, manufacturers, or language. Perhaps more than one
company/individual will be interested in these. We need to determine
what our plans will be for 2010-11 so we can start prioritizing and
discovering when we need to converge.

We should also spend some time discussing how the project itself
should operate source code servers; how to maintain branches, trunks,
etc.; and when/how we will perform merges.

On a tactical level, the Eldorado team has provided the project
infrastructure for builds. My expectation is that as new components
come into the project, that the maintainers of those components will
help out with the build task. This doesn't have to be solved
immediately, but it is part of the process that needs to be shared.  I
know, I know, nobody wants to hear about the labor pains, they just
want to see the baby. :-)  Well, the Helios baby is about to be
delivered and everyone deserves a special thanks for their hard work
in making it happen.

I hope to hear everyone at roll call in 2 weeks. Remember, 14 June
2010 at 1600 UTC
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=6&year=2010&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

Regards

Eric

--
Eric Cloninger (ericc@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senior Product Manager, MOTODEV Studio for Android

Back to the top