[sequoyah-dev] Sequoyah and Native support

Hi everyone,

I have some questions regarding the support for Android Native code, in the
scope of Sequoyah.

Is there any progress on the Android NDK support, other than what are already submitted to the Sequoyah trunk?

I need some information on what is already done, what is planned to be done in a near future and what would be the desirable features to be included.
From what I saw, now it is possible to convert an Android project to comprise either the Java and the C/C++ nature, and with the help of a wizard, correctly configure the paths of NDK, source and so on. I was able to, with the automatic generated Makefile, accurately build a complete Android project with native libs. But, some fine tuning was needed.

We are planning to improve the current workflow adding the following features:

1) Add to option to configure the general NDK parameters in the eclipse preference pages, saving
the work of, every time you try add the native support to a Android Project point out the NDK location

2) Add a page to the project preference pages where some parameters, like gcc version and platform
could be changed

3) Automatically resolve the includes, considering the chosen platform, so the Editor can accurately make the link between the files, avoiding the (?) quickfix warnings and allowing auto-complete features.

4) Improve the existing Wizard, giving some automation to some fields ( GCC versions, existing platforms, existing toolchains) and removing some redundant field (the ndk path is not supposed to be project-wise)

Anybody have any suggestion of features for the native support or disagree with any planned here?

Another question is if you are already adding the associated feature to the plugins that gives support for native code. Without it, the plugin can not be included in the nightly builds.

Thanks.

Carlos Alberto Souto Junior
MSc. in Electrical Engineering
Jr. Software Engineer