[science-iwg] EPLv2 & GPL compatibility

Hi all,

I would like to highlight the upcoming new version of the Eclipse Public License, EPLv2. Highlights include:

  * EPLv2 will have a provision for GPL compatibility. It will not be compatible by default, but projects may provide a secondary license to make it so

  * Projects will not need every contributors agreement to upgrade to EPLv2, provisions in the original EPL allow the newer versions to be adopted.

There are also additional changes being made to make the license more modern. For details of these and all the other changes happening in the licence I encourage you to check out the resources and discussions https://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/eplv2-a-new-version-of-the-eclipse-public-license/

Regards,
Tracy

Back to the top