[science-iwg] SCADA

Hi,

Except those I met at Hamburg DemoCamp recently, please allow me to briefly introduce myself.
I'm Werner Keil, Eclipse UOMo Lead. Before the project existed I was involved in Eclipse OHF (e.g. first talking about it in Europe at JavaPolis 2005, the precursor of DevoXX) or founding member of Eclipse Babel (which I also spread word about at some Eclipse conferences or DevoXX 2008 http://www.devoxx.com/display/JV08/Eclipse+Babel) I also help Eclipse STEM now with i18n aspects or PR by talking in places other team couldn't always do with their budget and time.

A project although it's still proposed to Eclipse I feel missing from the Science IWG Page is SCADA: http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/technology.eclipsescada/ With a few touch points to M2M efforts at Eclipse (most of them are Lua Development Tools in disguise, not much more at the moment) I would say the main purpose of SCADA is the Sensor Web. There are quite a few RCP elements, too, so I see no reason why it couldn't be listed on the IWG Wiki page.

Kind Regards,
--

Werner Keil Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Java Godfather | Mærsk DevOps Build Manager

Twitter @wernerkeil |#EclipseUOMo |  @JSR354 | #DevOps

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Eclipse DemoCamps Kepler 2013: June-August 2013, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Norway. Werner Keil, UOMo Lead, Mærsk DevOps Build Manager will present "Triple-E’class DevOps with Hudson, Maven, Kokki, Multiconf & PyDev", "M4M 2 the Rescue of M2M"

Back to the top