Re: [science-iwg] Brief update on science-iwg related discussion at EclipseCon

Hi Andy,

The SIMA project is concentrated on oil and gas, however wind turbine generators are also involved. Take a look at http://www.sintef.no/home/MARINTEK/Oil-and-Gas/ and http://www.sintef.no/home/MARINTEK/Ocean-Energy/. And while we're at the subject of SIMA - there are vacancies on this project http://www.sintef.no/home/MARINTEK/About-MARINTEK/Vacancies/Research-Scientists-in-Software-Engineering--Marine-Technology/

We'll add SIMA to the list.

Best regards,
Torkild

1. apr. 2013 kl. 08:17 skrev Andy Gotz <andy.gotz@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi Torkild,
>
> I like the idea of the scientific community to start sharing code via the Eclipse repository. The swt-xy-graph sounds like an excellent starting point as plotting is the most common activity of all scientific applications. I would vote for this if Xihui and ORNL agree of course.
>
> I suggest you add your product to the (growing) list of scientific applications based on Eclipse:
>
>    http://wiki.eclipse.org/Science_IWG
>
> BTW SIMA and in general the work on wind turbines by Marintek looks very interesting. This is the first time I have heard about it.
>
> I agree it would be great to have a session dedicated to scientific applications at the future EclipseCons.
>
> Best regards
>
> Andy

Back to the top