[sapphire-dev] New topic in forum Sapphire, called adding <hint> to all properties of an editor page, by Zoe Guillen

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: adding <hint> to all properties of an editor page Author: Zoe Guillen Date: Wed, 02 September 2015 16:48
Hi guys,

We are customizing how the contextual help is displayed in sapphire for individual fields by implementing a PropertyEditorAssistContributor, "HelpActionContributor" so that when the lightbulb is clicked on next to a field the user sees a link, "Show Help" and in our implementation we programmatically open the help.

We also do not want the user to see the "Show in source" action in that same lightbulb pop up. I've learned how to do that by including as a <hint> in the property editor "suppress.assist.contributors".

We want this behavior on all properties in our editor. So this means that we have to copy/paste this for every property-editor:

<property-editor>
	<hint>
		<name>assist.contributors</name>
		<value>HelpActionContributor</value>
	</hint>
	<hint>
		<name>suppress.assist.contributors</name>
		<value>System.ShowInSourceActionContributor</value>
	</hint>
</property-editor>

Is there a way to add these hints globally instead of having to copy/paste them everywhere?

And 2 related questions: I'm currently trying to figure out 1) how to remove the 'show in source' action from the context menu of the outline and 2) how to hide the source xml tab of the editor. I found that I could easily hide that source xml tab in my class that extends SapphireEditor via, "this.removePage(1);" however when I did that the UI had some very bad behavior where it would clear fields as I typed in them, losing all changes. Any suggestions on how to accomplish these other two items would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Zoe
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top