[sapphire-dev] New topic in forum Sapphire, called Sapphire 0.7 memory problem!, by Hazem ELRAFFIEE

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Sapphire 0.7 memory problem! Author: Hazem ELRAFFIEE Date: Tue, 22 July 2014 05:52
Hello all Smile

I've built an editor for an XML file using Sapphire 0.7.2

The XML file is very big and complex, and a sample file of this XML is about 3 MB.

When I first created the editor, it used to work fine, but consumes a lot of memory. When I started to add lots of @Validation annotations to perform some checks, things began to fall apart into the monster "OutOfMemoryError"!!

I got this from Eclipse Memory Analyzer:
17,705 instances of "org.eclipse.sapphire.services.internal.PropertyInstanceServiceContext", loaded by "org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling" occupy 56,569,800 (10.89%) bytes. These instances are referenced from one instance of "java.lang.Object[]", loaded by "<system class loader>"

I don't know if this has something to do with @Validation annotation or not.

What I'm going to do now, is to manually replace every @Validation with a custom Validation Service. I don't know if that's more memory efficient or not.

Any ideas?
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top