[sapphire-dev] New topic in forum Sapphire, called Dynamically enable Action, by Andreas Weise

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Dynamically enable Action Author: Andreas Weise Date: Thu, 09 January 2014 08:08
I have an Action incl. ActionHandler on a ListProperty, that is displayed next to the AddButton of that List.

Now the Action needs to be enabled depending on:
1. the selection of an item in the list (like the Delete button is only enabled when an item is selected)
2. the value of a property in the model.

I override the org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireActionSystemPart.isEnabled() method in my action handler, but that is only evaluated the first time the editor open. Also a refresh() of the model element (that contains the action) does not refresh the enabled state.

I also tried adding a Condition inside the action handler, but the evaluate() method is also only invoked when the editor opens, and not upon refresh() of the model element.

Is their a way to manipulate the action at runtime dynamically?

For programming against the selection of the table, I think I require access to the presentation (more specifically TablePropertyEditorPresentation). Is that correct? If yes, is it possible to get the presentation from a SapphirePart object?

Thanks you in advance.
Andreas

[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top