[sapphire-dev] ValueSerializationMasterService does not respect @Whitespace( trim = false)

Hey sapphire team,

In my adopter product I have property that represents a user's "script" text content (_javascript_ or groovy, etc).  This script resides within a CDATA[] section in the XML document.  This script usually contains whitespace, particularly leading whitespace (newline and some tabs) that are important to make the script code seem like its a child text of that node (properly nested, so its "pretty").  So on this property I found out I should be setting @Whitespace( trim = false) which I wasn't before today but I am now.  After setting that I now see the ValueNormalizationService correctly not trimming my script content, however, the ValueSerializationMasterService is still always trimming my text content (see line 91 of ValueSerializationMasterService.java) regardless of the @Whitespace annotation.  Should we fix this?

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay, Inc.