Re: [sapphire-dev] SapphireDiagramEditorPagePart adapt()

The problem is that SapphireDiagramEditor fails to pass in parent part (SapphireEditor) when initializing SapphireDiagramEditorPagePart on line 120 as contrasted with line 230 in MasterDetailsEditorPage where this is done correctly. Fixing this issue will make the IEditorSite adapt usecase work. Please open a bug report.

- Konstantin

From: sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Amerson
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 3:04 AM
To: Sapphire project
Subject: [sapphire-dev] SapphireDiagramEditorPagePart adapt()

Hey sapphire team,

In an actionHandler for a masterDetailsPagePart I am able to call context.getPart().adapt(IEditorSite.class) and this will work because of the SapphireEditor.adapt() method in the page parent hierarchy.

Now I have a SapphireDiagramHandler that is fired off of a double-click action for a particular node in my diagram.  In this actionhandler which I have the context I'd like to be able to get the IEditorSite but the SapphireDiagramEditor doesn't seem to support this.  Do you think we could add this to the SapphireDiagramEditor?   I have attached a patch that works for me, but I didn't want to bother with creating bugzilla entry unless the team thought this would be a good enhancement.  Perhaps there is alternatives that wouldn't require patching.

Thanks team!

--

Greg Amerson
Liferay, Inc.