Senior Development Manager
Eclipse Tools Group
Oracle

On Nov 28, 2011, at 15:37, Shenxue Zhou <shenxue.zhou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If your editor extends SapphireDiagramEditor, you should be able to open the file with your editor by File -> Open once you set up correct contentTypeBinding in your editor definition. Maybe I misunderstood your question, but I don't see a good use case to support files outside workspace.

From: Greg Amerson [mailto:gregory.amerson@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 4:03 PM
To: Sapphire project
Subject: [sapphire-dev] sapphire diagram editor for files outside of workspace

Hey everyone,

I noticed that the SapphireDiagramEditor doesn't seem to support files outside of the workspace, seems to require IFile.  What about cases where a user opens via File > Open File...?  Just thinking if this is something sapphire diagram editor should try to support.  Thoughts?

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay, Inc.