[sapphire-dev] overriding isdirty for changes to custom list property

I have a case where I am creating a CustomXmlListBinding for a ListProperty but the elements in the list property don't ever get serialized to the underlying XML file, they are just "in memory" so that I can hook up property editors in the UI and let the user change them.  Then I want to perform actions based on the model changes to that ListProperty when editor is saved.  However, the problem is that when the user makes a change in the UI from the masterDetails page, that ends up changing a list property in my CustomXmlListBinding, I don't know the best way to mark the editor as dirty.  I know that I could add a property listener from my editor subclass for that specific property and then fire an DIRTY event and then override the isDirty() method.  But I was wondering if this is a way to handle this so I don't have to override the top-level isDirty() method on the SapphireEditorForXML.

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay, Inc.

Back to the top