Re: [sapphire-dev] duplicated sapphire-extension.xml

I wish Eclipse IP policy made it possible for you to contribute patches this late in the release as it sounds like you’ve done the difficult work of figuring out what is causing this behavior. A simple de-duplication step should fix this indeed. Please open a bug.

I checked with EMO and we can get IP log re-reviewed for service releases (0.3.1, etc.), so you will be able to contribute patches again very soon. Keep that up and we will make you a committer on the project.

- Konstantin

From: sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Amerson
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:29 AM
To: Sapphire project
Subject: Re: [sapphire-dev] duplicated sapphire-extension.xml

Konstantin, I know you and the other commiters are super busy, so I did some more debugging, it has something to do with buddy loading.  BundleLoader#findResources() line 709, is returning my sapphire-extension.xml even from the "emf.ecore" BundleLoader so I guess my plugin along with those 3 others are in the buddy policy that is returning it from the getResources() call.

So perhaps the ExtensionsLocatorFactory could do a small bit of checking to make sure that we don't have add new Handle() object where there has already been a Handle added that holds that same URL.  I'll leave the rest of the analysis to the experts now. :)