From: sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Amerson
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:05 PM
To: Sapphire project
Subject: [sapphire-dev] disabling sdef cache for rapid dev?

Hi all,

I was making lots of sdef changes today.  Right now I have to restart eclipse to see any updates to the sdef file because of the sapphire cache.  I started doing it so much that I hunted down the cache code to disable it in my dev environment so I could make see my changes without restarting.  Is there a way to do this same thing without having to modify a sapphire framework code in my workspace?

If there isn't currently a way, what if we introduced a .options (tracing) option for this, so you could "enable tracing" in the PDE and set a flag that says "disable SDEF cache" or something?  I would be willing to do this work if it would be of general use to other sapphire devs.

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay, Inc.

Back to the top