[sapphire-dev] Questions about hooking up the Properties view to a Node

Hi all...

So I'm back to seeing how the Graphiti + Properties view hookup works and am running into some issues.

The Architecture example defines one <properties-view> element at the <diagram-page> level:

[code]
        <properties-view>
            <page>
                <label>description</label>
                <content>
                    <property-editor>
                        <property>Description</property>
                        <hint>
                            <name>show.label</name>
                            <value>false</value>
                        </hint>
                        <hint>
                            <name>expand.vertically</name>
                            <value>true</value>
                        </hint>
                    </property-editor>
                </content>
            </page>
        </properties-view>
    </diagram-page>[/code]

And another at the <node> level and another at the <connection-binding> level.

I just have one <properties-view> element defined at the node level and it's not getting hooked up properly:

[code]
    <diagram-page>
        <id>diagram</id>
        <page-name>SwitchyardDiagram</page-name>
        <page-header-text>SwitchYard Diagram</page-header-text>
        <node>
            <id>composites</id>
            <tool-palette-label>composite</tool-palette-label>
            <tool-palette-desc>service composite</tool-palette-desc>
            <property>composites</property>
            <label>${Name == null ? &quot;&lt;composite&gt;&quot; : Name}</label>
            <instance-id>${Name}</instance-id>
            <properties-view>
                <page>
                    <label>Composite Properties</label>
                    <content>
                        <property-editor>
                            <property>Name</property>
                        </property-editor>
                    </content>
                </page>
            </properties-view>
        </node>
     </diagram-page>
[/code]

Do I need to define the <properties-view> linkage in three different places to get it to show up? Right now where it is I see "No Properties" in the properties view when I hook up my node. I don't really have any properties for the root level diagram element, so defining a page there makes no sense to me.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. :)

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick (aka "Fitz")