[sapphire-dev] FW: The Eclipse technology.sapphire project is complete!

Information about infrastructure that has been provisioned for us.

- Konstantin

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Ward(Esq.) [mailto:matt.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 6:41 AM
To: konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Wayne Beaton; emo-records@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The Eclipse technology.sapphire project is complete!

Greetings,

The technology.sapphire project is all set up and ready to go!  Here are the
specifics (please communicate this information to your committers):

** Please note: If I  was unable to locate committer records for some of the
initial committers they won't be able to access the resources below
until they receive their eclipse.org user id's.

1. CVS access:
Your initial committers have CVS access to dev.eclipse.org. They should
have received e-mails with their user id and password. Please use the
Committer Tools (https://dev.eclipse.org/committers/) to change your
password. To commit files to your repository, simply setup a new
repository location with the following information:

host: dev.eclipse.org
repository: /cvsroot/technology
method: extssh

You have access to the org.eclipse.sapphire component.  Feel free to
create your subcomponents in this directory. I do not usually maintain
granular permissions to sub-components for projects, but if
you require specific access for only some committers, please let me know
what your needs are.

The above repository is also accessible, in an anonymous read-only
fashion, by setting the connection method to "pserver" and using
anonymous as the username (no password).

2. Project Website
Your project website is up and ready to be authored. Simply set up a new
repository location:

host: dev.eclipse.org
repository: /cvsroot/org.eclipse
method: extssh

You have access to the www component, and specifically, the sapphire/
directory.  Anything you commit to the sapphire/ directory will be
automatically published to http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/ within one
minute. We have set up a sample web page  which can be viewed at
http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire

3. Mailing lists
The sapphire-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx list has been created. You can subscribe to
Subscription is required to post messages to the list.

Your mailing list will be added to the
page(http://www.eclipse.org/mail/) after you have entered the required
information into your ProjectInfo, via the Portal tools.

4. Newsgroups

Your newsgroup will be added to the
page(http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/) after you have entered the
required information into your ProjectInfo, via the Portal tools.:

If you need additional mailing lists or newsgroups, please contact
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx

5. Downloads
You have a downloads area with 2GB of space. To access this area, simply
use an SFTP or SCP client (such as CoreFTP or WinSCP) in SSH mode to
transfer your files. Refer to the File Paths section in the Committer
Tools for the downloads area to see where you should be publishing
downloadable files. Please be diligent when transferring
files: the downloads area is mirrored to over 70 mirror sites worldwide.

To link to a downloadable file, use the following path:
<a
href="http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/sapphir
e/sapphire-1.0.0.zip">

This will ask users to pick a mirror site for the file, and it will add
technology.sapphire downloads to our download statistics (also in the
Committer
Tools, Live Download Stats).

6. Bugzilla
Your bugzilla project, components, versions (if specified) and
milestones (if specified) have been created.

If your committers had a bugzilla account that matches the e-mail
address supplied to the Foundation, their account was granted standard
committer rights to edit and confirm bugs.  If the committers didn't
have a bugzilla account, they should create one using the same e-mail
address as supplied to the Foundation and contact webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
to have their account upgraded with committer rights.

If you have any questions, or if you need assistance in using any of the
resources, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

-Matt.

Back to the top