Re: [rt-pmc] Review material approval request

FYI, the December 2018 update to the EDP changed the requirement for reviews. We now only require a review once a year. After a successful review, an Eclipse project may release as many times as they need to for an entire year.

While it's not wrong to request PMC approval for every release, the EDP makes no requirement to do so. PMC approval is only required in the case that a release review is required. That is, you only need to engage in a release review once per year, and by extension, you only need to submit your IP Log for review and request PMC approval once per year.

The PMC may, at its discretion make additional requirements, but I don't believe that the RT PMC has made any decisions to do so.

Note that projects must implement the IP Policy at all times regardless of whether or not they engage in a release review (e.g, ensure that all third party content contained in all releases have been vetted per the Due Diligence process for Third-party content).

Not also that we've made some significant updates to the IP Due Diligence process. Those changes are summarized at the top of the Third Party Content section of the handbook.

Wayne