--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So the process is to allow the community to voice an objection?  My issue is that real runtime dependencies are not given the same opportunity for scrutiny by the community.  As a community member I would be more concerned with what MUST be installed in order for me to use jetty instead of what MAY or CAN be installed with jetty in order for me to use it.  But real runtime dependencies do not require this extra mailing list discussion step that the works with ones do.

But keep in mind I do not want required mailing list discussions for the real runtime dependencies in order to make the two consistent! :)

Tom

From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/01/2015 08:11 AM
Subject:        Re: [rt-pmc] Fwd: [jetty-dev] New Infinispan Module
Sent by:        rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tom,

Just to explain the original motivation for mailing list conversations about works-with dependencies. The reason is that CQs are not public, and we wanted a public record of the discussion so all members of the interested community could participate.

If you ‎think the annoyance factor outweighs for public benefits, we can talk about amending the process.

Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223