[rt-pmc] Fwd: [jetty-dev] New Infinispan Module

FYI re the Jetty project work on an optional infinispan-based session manager.

Jan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1 May 2015 at 10:29
Subject: [jetty-dev] New Infinispan Module
To: "Jetty Dev @ Eclipse" <jetty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Jan has been working on an infinispan module for upcoming Jetty 9.3
release which will allow users to utilize the Infinispan session
manager in their runtime environments.

Its currently setup as an optional module that we are thinking will
ship as a module definition in the jetty-distribution.

Something akin to ${jetty.home}/modules/infinispan.mod

The declaration of this module can be found in source control at
http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-infinispan/src/main/config/modules/infinispan.mod

> #
> # Jetty Infinispan module
> #
> [depend]
> annotations
> webapp
>
> [files]
> maven://org.infinispan/infinispan-core/7.1.1.Final|lib/infinispan/infinispan-core-7.1.1.Final.jar
> maven://org.infinispan/infinispan-commons/7.1.1.Final|lib/infinispan/infinispan-commons-7.1.1.Final.jar
> maven://org.jgroups/jgroups/3.6.1.Final|lib/infinispan/jgroups-3.6.1.Final.jar
> maven://org.jboss.marshalling/jboss-marshalling-osgi/1.4.4.Final|lib/infinispan/jboss-marshalling-osgi-1.4.4.Final.jar
> maven://org.jboss.logging/jboss-logging/3.1.2.GA|lib/infinispan/jboss-logging-3.1.2.GA.jar
> [lib]
> lib/jetty-infinispan-${jetty.version}.jar
> lib/infinispan/*.jar
>
> [xml]
> etc/jetty-infinispan.xml
> [license]
> Infinispan is an open source project hosted on Github and released under the Apache 2.0 license.
> http://infinispan.org/
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

As you can see, this is setup to download the necessary jars to start
using the Infinispan Session Manager when the user declare that they
want to use this module.

If you want to start to use this, you'll just add it to your
${jetty.base} like this ...

> $ mkdir infini-base
> $ cd infini-base/
> $ java -jar /path/to/jetty-distribution-9.3.x/start.jar --add-to-start=infinispan
> ALERT: There are enabled module(s) with licenses.
> The following 1 module(s):
>  + contains software not provided by the Eclipse Foundation!
>  + contains software not covered by the Eclipse Public License!
>  + has not been audited for compliance with its license
>  Module: infinispan
>   + Infinispan is an open source project hosted on Github and released under the Apache 2.0 license.
>   + http://infinispan.org/
>   + http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
> Proceed (y/N)? y
> INFO: server          initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: jndi            initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: security        initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: servlet         initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: webapp          initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: plus            initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: annotations     initialised (transitively) in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> INFO: infinispan      initialised in ${jetty.base}/start.ini
> DOWNLOAD: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/7.1.1.Final/infinispan-core-7.1.1.Final.jar to ${jetty.base}/lib/infinispan/infinispan-core-7.1.1.Final.jar
> DOWNLOAD: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/infinispan-commons/7.1.1.Final/infinispan-commons-7.1.1.Final.jar to ${jetty.base}/lib/infinispan/infinispan-commons-7.1.1.Final.jar
> DOWNLOAD: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/jgroups/jgroups/3.6.1.Final/jgroups-3.6.1.Final.jar to ${jetty.base}/lib/infinispan/jgroups-3.6.1.Final.jar
> DOWNLOAD: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/marshalling/jboss-marshalling-osgi/1.4.4.Final/jboss-marshalling-osgi-1.4.4.Final.jar to ${jetty.base}/lib/infinispan/jboss-marshalling-osgi-1.4.4.Final.jar
> DOWNLOAD: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/logging/jboss-logging/3.1.2.GA/jboss-logging-3.1.2.GA.jar to ${jetty.base}/lib/infinispan/jboss-logging-3.1.2.GA.jar
> INFO: Base directory was modified
> $

As you can see the jetty-distribution will not ship with the
infinispan jars, but instead will download them on install of the
module.

Lets see if we can get some other folks interested in testing this setup.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
webtide.com - intalio.com/jetty