Re: [rt-pmc] ALPN and HTTP/2

There is slight hope on this topic because it was discussed recently in the context of another project and it did not pass unanimously. But that case was not as dire as this one. This puts Jetty into a really bad spot from what I can tell. (Please confirm.) So for what it's worth, I am going to fight pretty hard to get it through, because it is the right thing to do.

Basically, yes...this is a big deal for us and our community.  HTTP/2 is important and with java itself not planning on supporting the underlying required ALPN mechanism until Java 9 we need this in place.  It is the mechanism we built and other servers and libraries are using it, it only makes sense that we are able to ship it ourselves. If it helps sway the board, this should be a stopgap measure until Java 8 is EOL and we no longer need this integration point forcibly added into java.

jesse

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx