Re: [rt-pmc] Third party libs usage policies

OK…thats the part where I have no idea :-). Wayne could step in, but I
also remember that Jetty does the same thing.

Maybe someone from Jetty like Jesse McConnell can say something ?

christian

Am 09.09.14 16:30 schrieb "Scott Lewis" unter <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On 9/9/2014 12:22 AM, Christian Campo wrote:
>> I am not an expert in IP stuff but isnt that the „natural“ thing to
>>submit
>> a CQ for Smack version 4.x and then once that is approved, include it. I
>> think I am missing a point because that sounds so obvious. (but dont
>>have
>> to have a new CQ for each and every new version of any 3rd party lib ?)
>>
>> Are you asking whether you can pull the Smack API from Maven Central in
>> your build process ? (I have no idea if that is the question)
>
>Yeah, of course a CQ will be created for version 4.   But since it's not
>in Orbit, how is it consumed...in build and upon deploy?   The bug
>author has expressed that they would like us to pull the OSGi bundle
>from Maven Central.   Does any other rt project do this now for any
>bundle?  If so, what was involved in terms of IP approval?
>
>Scott

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352