Re: [rt-pmc] ECF 3.9.0

On 7/21/2014 11:37 AM, Thomas Watson wrote:

I know several RT projects have done completely away with the slideware for releases.  For example, I just filled in the necessary information on projects.eclipse.org for the last equinox release [1].

I've already listed our 3.9 release in the portal, and so it does now appear (Aug 1) here:

https://projects.eclipse.org/

But I had assumed that I would still need to produce slideware for a minor release.  If this isn't the case that's obviously fine with me.

It was pretty lightweight and I think you will need to at least fill in that information for your release.  Is this expected to go into Luna SR1?

Hadn't really thought about that, honestly.   I think it would mostly depend upon how quickly the EEG finalizes the R6/RSA 1.1 spec and ct.   There is some work for them to do as I understand (e.g. merge eeg/rsa_1_ into master, final changes/additions to CT, etc).   I don't think we would want to release 3.9 before the CT has been at least informally finalized by eeg, although maybe I just don't understand the eeg spec/ct release process.   In any event, I don't know if that can happen in time for Luna SR1.

One other complicating factor wrt Luna SR1, however, is this bug [1].  It's not remote services (rather filetransfer), but whatever is expected from ECF to deal with it should probably be a part of ECF 3.9 also.

 I would support such a release going into SR1, but we may need to get Ian Bull to take it forward to the planning council for approval of a minor version upgrade.  I don't think this should be an issue.

Ok with me.

Also, you and I likely need to coordinate the enterprise companion code CQ to make sure it is updated with the final bits and gets approved in time for your release.

Ok.   FWIW I've been using what's latest on eeg/rsa_1_1 for testing.   As you say we can coordinate on the CQ about the final bits.

Scott

Back to the top