Re: [rt-pmc] Vert.x 2.1.0 release

I also would prefer to change the process if that's the right thing to do.

The current process requires a minimum of one week of community review and IP Log approval for every release. We have some flexibility with regard to review materials.

Can we reasonably assume that the last week before any release will be entirely testing and bugfix work (i.e. no new features) ?

Do releases have anything like a plan? At the beginning of a release cycle, is there any conscious "this is what we're working on for the next four weeks"?

I see no release notes, readmes, or release-specific documentation of any kind in bintray or the project website? Do I just need to look harder, or is this information captured somewhere else?

Wayne