Re: [rt-pmc] Vert.x 2.1.0 release

On 12/03/2014 9:38 AM, Tim Fox wrote:
Any unnecessary process is a big deal to me.

"Unnecessary" is purely a matter of perspective. There are actually very good reasons for every single thing we do at Eclipse. Literally. We question every single rule and process we have regularly. They are not necessarily optimized for any particular project, and we spend far more time thinking about ease of consumption into commercial products than most. But there are no rules which cannot be rationally explained.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we have no rules against projects putting stuff on  Maven Central. We only have rules against projects consuming stuff from Maven Central. By all means publish your stuff on Maven Central and bintray in addition to eclipse.org.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseCon