Re: [rt-pmc] Vert.x 2.1.0 release

Hi Christian-

On 12/03/14 08:24, Christian Campo wrote:

Hi Tim,

not that I intend to make your project harder than it should be. :-) I intend to use Vert.x myself and would expect a download to be at eclipse.org (since it is an Eclipse project). Does that convince you that there is requirement for that ?

Well.... I would expect users to be able to follow the large "download" link from the front page at vertx.io to get their download. If they fail that first test, I would have concerns about their ability to use the software competently ;)

Putting stuff on download.eclipse.org is really easy. Basically just uploading it to using SSH and putting a link on the Wiki. I am sure it does not take you longer than 10 minutes and much less time than any discussion about it.

An additional usecase (to what Wayne mentioned) would be that some other Eclipse project („Vert.Z“) likes to also distribute part or all of Vert.x as part of their download. Would that project pull its dependency from Bintray ?

All our jars are in Maven Central - projects can pull from that.

By "downloads" I assumed that Wayne meant the project distribution, i.e. the .zip or .tar.gz - like this https://bintray.com/vertx/downloads/distribution/2.1RC1 ?

I wouldnt even consider that as an option myself.

christian