Re: [rt-pmc] Updated charter

On 11/20/2013 05:34 AM, Ian Bull wrote:
> Thoughts?

> The community has steadily found new and innovative uses for Eclipse
Technology in areas such as [servlet
containers](http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/), [rich internet
applications](http://www.eclipse.org/rap/) and
[servers](http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/).

This is going from the most specific technology (servlet containers) to
broader concepts (rip/servers). I would reverse the order.

> Implementation of key framework services and extensions needed for
running Eclipse (e.g., the Eclipse Adaptor, Extension registry) and
deemed generally useful to systems using Equinox.

The examples listed sound also too specific (not to mention that e5
should get rid of the extension registry).

M.

Back to the top