From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lts-iwg] Should LTS pre-req the release train?
Date: 17 September 2012 08:51:28 GMT+01:00

Virgo participated in the Juno release train primarily in order to qualify for LTS and yet there seem to be few other advantages, but significant costs, in Virgo's participation. So I have been probing whether participation in the release train should be a pre-req to LTS. I have discussed this with the RT PMC and no-one felt that the release train was the correct pre-req.

Andrew Ross and I agree (below) that the release train isn't the true requirement, but that's the way the LTS-readiness Release Management requirement ([1]) is currently written. The only alternative currently is to obtain approval by a vote of the LTS Steering Committee.

I would therefore like to request the LTS Steering Commit to provide an alternative LTS-readiness Release Management criterion in terms that can be satisfied without participating in the release train. This would establish the correct principle, IMO, rather than making this a per-project decision of the LTS Steering Committee.

Regards,
Glyn

Glyn Normington
Eclipse Virgo Project Lead