Re: [rt-pmc] Juno Retrospective

Since I sort of started this thread, I just want to point out that it has
gone in an unintended direction. At least from my perspective.

I didn't intend this retrospective conversation to be about Jetty's
decision. I would like to understand (or more accurately make sure that the
RT community understands) why the release train concept is unattractive to
the RT community, and if there is anything which can be done about it.
Ideally, I would love to see some thinking outside the box.

Most Eclipse projects like the release train because it's the route to
getting into the packages and thus exposure to millions of developers.
Apparently, there is little similar incentive here. Why is that? What would
a fantastic release train process for RT look like? What would be the right
incentives for the RT projects to _want_ to be in the release train?
Obviously no one wants to do extra work, unless there is a tangible benefit.