Re: [rt-pmc] Juno Retrospective

well, sure...but your mail to this list following up from ian bull was
exactly that.

"Perhaps a general conversation about what makes the release train
more difficult or of less value to the RT projects would be helpful?
What could be done to change that for the RT community?"

I view you as far more of the 'Eclipse Foundation' then posts on the
cross dev list...though you are correct that since I have been on that
mailing list I do see more of the community effort behind that then I
might otherwise.  Sure you are following up on a mail _about_ the
release train...

And you are right, the RT community could indeed make another effort
in that direction up there is little 'drive' to commit the necessary
resources to do something like that, no one is suffering enough of an
'itch' to do it or lead the effort themselves.  The RT project is made
of diverse projects that rarely need to collaborate, the biggest
exception (that I am a party to) being virgo and jetty which
coordinate on integrations and things like jsp
dependencies...something that would happen regardless of there being
an RT group that both projects where members of.

Also so I am not coming across as some sort of malcontent, all of this
has been discussed on RT pmc called off and on for years now regarding
mission, goals, why we exist and meet...etc.  I just decided to
summarize and respond since you asked :)

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell