Re: [rt-pmc] Kepler release

+1 on both counts

On 27/07/2012 3:54 PM, Thomas Watson wrote:

I think Ian would make a fine representative to the Planning Council so I second this nomination and give my +1.  I don't think it is strictly required that the planning representative be a PMC member ... but

I also think Ian would make a great addition to the PMC.  Each RT project gets to nominate at least one member to the PMC.  In the past we have had multiple representatives from the same project.  For example, Jeff and myself both represented Equinox and were both on the PMC.

I think Ian's expertise in p2 would benefit the PMC.  I have worked with Ian for many releases and I am sure he would make a great addition to the PMC.  With that I also nominate Ian to become a PMC member.  We should get a planning representative selected for the first Kepler planning council call on August 1st.  Please voice your opinion (vote) for Ian as planning council rep and for PMC membership.

Thanks.

Tom

Inactive
          hide details for Ian Bull ---07/27/2012 11:14:33 AM---While
          I'm not actually on the PMC, I'ld like to throw my hat in Ian Bull ---07/27/2012 11:14:33 AM---While I'm not actually on the PMC, I'ld like to throw my hat in the ring for the position of RT Planning Council representative

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/27/2012 11:14 AM

Re: [rt-pmc] Kepler release

While I'm not actually on the PMC, I'ld like to throw my hat in the ring for the position of RT Planning Council representative.  I'd be happy to join the PMC calls to provide an update (assuming they are still at 06:30 PST for 1/2 hour).  Also, if you think it's valuable, I could also join the PMC as p2 co-lead (even though p2 is not actually a separate project) -- I'm not sure what the rules are there.

Cheers,
Ian